Ku is currently leading the firm’s Philadelphia office. Ku enjoys helping business people do business; beginning with business formation and incorporation, working through the growth of the business, dealing with acquisitions and sales, and finally helping with its exit strategies. Ku also helps investors in purchasing and managing businesses and real property.
Ku represents businesses and investment funds (venture capital, private equity, accelerator and incubator funds) and their portfolio companies, startups, closely held and family businesses, investors, and high net-worth individuals in areas including manufacturing and supply, biotech, software, services, real estate, real estate management, investment vehicles and funds. Ku advises clients with issues arising from starting up, day-to-day operations of the business, to major transactions including sale, acquisition, or other changes and restructures. Ku also advises foreign companies doing business in the United States of America.
Ku was born in Seoul, Korea. Prior to attending law school, He was a teacher and a fundraiser. Ku speaks both English and Korean. On his free time, he enjoys playing soccer, hosting dinner parties, doodling on my guitar, and learning about wine. He lives with my wife and a dog in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Areas of Practice
- Business Formation
- Business Governance
- Business Financing, Acquisitions, and Mergers
- Real Estate
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Boston Bar Association
- Wesleyan University Alumni Association
- ONEin3 Boston (2008 – 2010)
- Boston University School of Law, Master of Laws in Taxation (2013)
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law, Juris Doctor (2007)
- Wesleyan University, Bachelor of Arts in Classics (2000)
- Pennsylvania (2016)
- New York (2009)
- Massachusetts (2007)
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Massachusetts