Brian is the firm’s dedicated immigration lawyer, offering business, investor, and family-based immigration services such as H-1B and EB-5 visa counseling. Brian’s clients range from American or multinational businesses recruiting foreign-born employees to investors in pursuit of business opportunities in the United States, from skilled immigrants seeking work visas to families and newlyweds applying for permanent residency or US citizenship. Brian also advises corporate clients in business litigation matters and individual/investor clients in their residential real estate needs.
Based in the firm’s Boston office, Brian was born to immigrants from Hong Kong and Korea and raised in the Philadelphia metropolitan area. As a law student, Brian interned at the federal district court in Delaware and with the public defenders in Roxbury, Massachusetts. He also served as a student prosecutor in the state district attorney’s office in Quincy, Massachusetts. Prior to joining Chang & Yoo, LLP in 2016, Brian worked at one of the largest non-profit legal aid organizations in Boston, focusing on appellate litigation and legal advocacy in federal administrative proceedings.
In his spare time, Brian continues to volunteer as a pro bono legal aid attorney, and enjoys listening to history podcasts, travelling the world, and experimenting in the kitchen.
Areas of Practice
- Immigration (Business, Investor, Family-Based)
- Real Estate
- American Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Boston Bar Association
- International Bar Association
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- Asian American Lawyers Association of Massachusetts
- Boston University School of Law, Juris Doctor (2013)
- Georgetown University, Bachelor of Science in Biology and History (2010)
- Massachusetts (2013)
- S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts